Just a little about our animals, family and what we do.

01/01/2008

Yet Another New Year.

Well, here goes yet another new year. Don't the years go by faster as each year passes? They certainly do to me. My youngest son who is now nearly a teenager, has grown by several inches in height and several shoe sizes. A big event in 2007 was to meet my brother again after a gap of some fifty years, he emigrated to Canada back in the fifties (see picture).
The weather today has been very clement, so much so that the Bees have been flying all day and even collecting pollen. One bad note today though was a good pal of mine tells me he has lost six of his (Bee) colonies and now urgently has to find out why. Anyway we did a little gardening and cleaned out the chicken coup, we even found time to stack and cover logs ready for the fire as the forecast for the coming week looks to be very cold.
Back to work tomorrow after a very nice break, in fact a very lazy break and, of course back into a non-indulgence diet. I will weigh myself tomorrow to see what the damage is. I know I'll have a fright.

No comments: